Monday, May 5, 2008



Ok, so this is kind of creepy! Down here in AZ there are these insects that we call tarantula wasps. I don't know if that's their real name or that's just what we call them. We call them this because they prey on tarantulas, not for food but to lay their eggs in them. They sting and paralyze them and then they lay their eggs. I don't know if they die then or when the babies hatch and eat them. Anyways, we had never seen these wasps actually track down a tarantula and do this but in just the past 2 days we've seen it happen 3 times! Now I know why Josh would run like a little boy when he saw one of these wasps, they really freak me out now!

1 Comments:

Blogger Cammie said...

Those are huge and scary! I would freak for sure if I saw one of those.

May 14, 2008 at 9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home