Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July Weekend



We had a good weekend! Not great, just good. We didn't go to any firework shows cause where we live we usually can take in two shows at once. Lake Pleasant does one and Anthem, which is the community just north of us, usually does one too. You can see the fireworks even though they are kind of small but it's nice to just throw out some lawn chairs and stay at home. Lake Pleasant did their fireworks on Thursday the 3rd and Thursdays I have my very important 'Me Time' where I go play volleyball in Mesa. Josh and the kids were asleep before the fireworks even started. I don't think that Anthem did any this year unless they also did them on Thursday. Therefore, we saw no fireworks.
On the 4th, I talked Josh into going to Water World with Crue, Addi and I. There is the little kids section that is fenced in and perfect for little non-swimmers. When we got there, that little kid section was closed and they weren't going to open it for another 3-4 hours. That stunk! We did take them in the lazy river and in the section that's for a little bit older kids that has some bigger slides. They liked that but I think it made Josh nervous cause it was a little deeper and he's never been around the kids swimming without life jackets. We went home and the kids took naps. Josh's parents, Suzi and Warren, watched Addi and Crue that night while Josh and I went on an impromptu dinner date at Applebees. There was a storm front that was moving in and when we got back home it had already rained pretty hard and was now gone. I was sad to miss the rain since it only comes a couple times a year but when it's gone our yard comes alive. We found a giant toad right next to our house and a little baby one on the grass patch in the back. There was also a giant beetle on our house. It was almost 4 inches long.
The next day we went to the lake again. When we pulled into the 'Make Ready' area there were bees everywhere. I was kind of freakin' out cause I knew someone was going to get stung. Of course that someone turned out to be me! I got stung right under the arm. Not arm pit but right below my bicep. It really hurt! I don't remember my last bee sting but this bee must have been a mutant bee with crazy mutant poison. The good news is, I won cause the bee died. Everything went fine after that except for the part where our anchor got stuck. It must have caught a dead tree cause you could pull it up a little bit and then it wouldn't come any more. We motored around in a circle for a good ten minutes and just as we were about to let it go, miraculously it came free! Everything worked out in the end and that was our good weekend!

2 Comments:

Blogger eden said...

I think all the critters must say "Hey lets go to the nice lady's house" I swear, you guys get more critters than anyone else around here...that, or you're just the only one that is paying attention! Fun stuff.

July 8, 2008 at 7:08 AM  
Blogger The Howards said...

You and your "pets." Unbelievable! That beetle totally freaks me out.

July 9, 2008 at 10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home