Tuesday, June 10, 2008

POOR ADDI!

Why does my couch look like it's been burglarized? Let me answer that question with a question. Where hasn't Addi puked today? That's right, little bit here, little bit there, every things fine then BOOM, she explodes. Poor Addi! Yesterday morning she woke up with hives all over her arms, legs and face. I knew she hadn't eaten anything new and she's never had hives before, so I gave her some Benadryl and hoped I never saw them again. We went to the pool, then swim lessons, came home and she took a nap. When she woke up, there they were again! This time they were huge! Here whole right cheek was one enormous hive. Her doctor was already closed for the day so I gave her more Benadryl and hoped they wouldn't come back. In the mean time she was acting perfectly normal. High energy level, hives didn't itch or hurt, she just had hives. SO this morning I go and get her out of her crib and there they were again. I laid her on her bed and was changing her diaper when I look up at her face and she can't breathe and immediately I think she's going into anaphalactic shock! (Don't know how to spell it and not sure if that's how you even pronounce it). I yell at Crue to get me the phone and I roll Addi on her side and within a few seconds she starts throwing up stomach bilge. This went on for about a full minute. Ya know when kids are throwing up and they can't breathe cause the throw up is blocking everything? Well that's how it was this morning. Needless to say I was really nervous! Well I got her into the Dr. and he's not sure what's wrong. No strep, no new foods, she doesn't have allergies but we opted out of the blood tests. He said that it may be viral and I think that's what it is. She has puked 9 times in all so far but she's doing better now cause she's napping. My good friend Eden was able to pick Crue up from his little summer camp at Ms. Neva's and I'm so thankful to her for her help! I'll keep ya'll updated on her condition! If any of you have had similar bouts with hives or puke and have tips on how to combat them, let me know!

5 Comments:

Blogger Tuesdee said...

Oh my goodness, poor Addi!!! That is so sad! My kids had a major stomach flu about 2 weeks ago. They were either throwing up or it was coming out the other end... It was bad. It lasted about 2 days then we were all good again. No hives though. Those are the days they sit on my lap ALL day and I man the bowl... Good luck!! I hope she gets feeling better and Crue doesn't get it!

June 10, 2008 at 5:24 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

That is so sad for your little girl. That sounds kind of scary to me. Thanks for the advice about the crib, that really helps. It will be fun to hear more about Addi and Crue, those are both cute names!!

June 10, 2008 at 8:57 PM  
Blogger The Howards said...

There are moments like that, that make it terrifying for me to be a mom. I guess its too late now! I'll just have to read your posts so I will know what to do if it happens to me. Scary! I hope you weren't too attached to those couches! Your comment on my blog was too funny by the way! I'll save a spot for you in my bathtub anytime!

June 13, 2008 at 7:25 AM  
Blogger Cammie said...

Oh that is bad. I am so sorry, it's so hard to have sick kids. Carter had rotovirus once, and we had to have all of our carpets cleaned, including all area rugs. He puked EVERYWHERE. He was too fast to catch in a bowl, and too young to run to the bathroom. I don't know about the hives, but good job with the Benadryl. We on that stuff.

I hope she is feeling much better by now, and that you are doing fine too.

June 16, 2008 at 1:00 PM  
Blogger Chantel said...

Just thought I would say hi to ya mckelle! I found your blog through a bunch of other blogs (I must be really bored or something). Anyway, your family looks great and it is nice to see some of the old friends!Talk to you later on the blog world.

Barrett

June 17, 2008 at 8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home