Wednesday, June 18, 2008



Thank you to everyone for all your sympathy as we battled the flu! Addi was better by the next morning and of course Crue got it that afternoon. He threw up every 20 mins. for the next 6 hours. I manned the throw up bowl and after his first couple I was able to spot the signs of it coming! He was feeling a little better by the next morning. That's when I got it but thankfully I just felt nauseated. Josh came down with it that afternoon as did grandpa! It has worked its way through our family and the only signs left are in Addi's diaper about 4 times a day! She hasn't regulated quiet yet. Ok enough with talks of puke and poop, a couple weeks a go a momma quail laid eleven eggs in my potted Bird of Paradise plant which is on our front porch. They were too cute! I was nervous cause even though the momma bird kept sitting on them it had been 3 weeks and I wasn't sure what the gestation period was for quail eggs. Well 2 days ago Crue came running into my room and told me that there was a baby that had hatched. I looked and there it was and shortly after came the other 10. They are so cute!

6 Comments:

Blogger Tuesdee said...

Ok I don't know which is cuter the birds or Addi talking. Not to mention you are super mom... She obeyed the first time, I'm so jealous I wish my kids did that!! :)

June 18, 2008 at 2:47 PM  
Blogger The Howards said...

You left me hanging on the video clip. Did that bird make it back down in the pot? I was so worried! That's the mom in me talking. Lame, I know. You have the most wildlife at your house that I've ever seen. Your kids are getting the best animal education just by being at home! Turtles, tarantulas, and quails...geesh! Addi was so cute. I love her talking! Fun stuff!

June 18, 2008 at 3:31 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

That is so sweet, I love birds. We actually have a birds nest in one of our light fixtures outside, I am not sure how it got there. I always worry that the birds are going to fall out. I am glad that your kids are feeling better.

June 18, 2008 at 8:56 PM  
Blogger McKelle said...

The flu is never fun, but having those eggs and new tiny birds are. We had a quail family running around our yard for a while. I think there were 13 babies. Pretty interesting.

June 19, 2008 at 7:56 AM  
Blogger eden said...

Did you put on your cubscout shirt and save the little one that was on the edge of the pot? That is so fun! You're like Dr. Doolittle

June 19, 2008 at 8:40 AM  
Blogger The Howards said...

I'm glad to know that at least 10 our of 11 quails are doing fine. I was a little worried there. Your motherly instincts kicked right in. You should thank all those drills we did in volleyball for your cat-like reflexes in order to catch the bird.

June 19, 2008 at 8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home