Saturday, September 6, 2008

Crue and Addi tubin' at 'Pleasant Lake'




Every time our family goes to the lake we end up doing something illegal or embarrasing. (Usually I'm responsible for the embarassing part.) Not on purpose of course but merely because we are uneducated about lake/boating rules. I did read the boaters hand book so we kind of know and it's not like we're out there boozin', racin', or being careless. That being said, if what you see in any of my pictures is illegal please let me know. If it is merely common sense that we lack, we're still working on it! My good friend Eden was nice enough to let me know that my kids need to always wear life jackets. (This is where you refer back to the common sense part.) She waited about a week before telling me cause she didn't want to offend me. Thank you Eden but I hope you know you could never offend me!
Today we went to Bartlet Lake in the Tonto National Forest. I'm sad that I didn't get pics cause it was gorgeous! The ride itself is worth the trip! Crue and Addi always have a good time. Crue's favorite part is swimming and pretending that we are all nice sharks. Addi loves to swim in pools but not so much in lakes. She really enjoys eating. Seriously, she eats the whole time. She will just sit on the back of the boat chowing on anything and everything. I love going to the lake but I'm always relieved when we get the boat back on the trailer intact and everyone accounted for. So far, so good!

8 Comments:

Blogger Bryce and Candice Blood Family said...

Found ya! I love the pooh dialogues, the psycho sister shirt, the mud party, and everything else I read. Fun, fun, fun. Blogging helps me feel normal in the crazy adventure called life! Hope you got a few minutes of quiet time during the blessed afternoon nap!

September 7, 2008 at 7:04 PM  
Blogger The Geiser Family said...

I love that your family has found a "thing" that you love to do together and I especially love that you share it with us. I feel this fun connection, like Candice said -- seeing how much our lives are so similar and that we are normal, whatever that is. You are such an inspiration : )

September 8, 2008 at 8:01 AM  
Blogger Tuesdee said...

I'm SO jealous!! Wish our boat thing would've turned out we could've been boating buddies... :) Looks like fun! Don't you love the HOT weather year round for more outdoor fun?!

September 8, 2008 at 5:22 PM  
Blogger Ben Barclay said...

I just saw your comment about me being a Steelers fan. This is how it all came to pass...
I grew up on Steelers football, My dad never missed a game. He wore the Steelers tie to church, recorded the games etc. You should see my dad's room in their basement. Josh (my bro) and I carry on the tradition. He is a HUGE fan too! Ben never really had a "team" so he converted and started rooting for them. Last year a bunch of us all went to their monday night football game. My dad got tickets through his works head office. It is located in Pittsburgh. We were on the 9th row 30 yard line right behind the team. What was even better was it was their big 75th year bash. We saw all the great ones from the past 75 years. HUGE half time show!
It's just become a huge family activity. You should've seen our superbowl party a couple of years ago. :)
We'll have to have you over for one of their games!! If they go to the superbowl this year, BIG PARTY, My house!!! :)

September 9, 2008 at 11:09 AM  
Blogger Tuesdee said...

ha ha ha didn't realize I was signed in as Ben. That was from me... ;)

September 9, 2008 at 11:09 AM  
Blogger Jaley Stilson said...

Just wanted to check in and say hi! It looks like you guys are having a great time!! Tell Addi happy birthday for me!! I can't believe I forgot to call...sorry! And just in case, Crue...Happy birthday in 9 days, and Happy Anniversary McKelle and Josh!! I love you guys! :)

September 10, 2008 at 9:15 PM  
Blogger The Howards said...

So I just have to tell you...after I read your blog about Stephanie Meyer and Midnight Sun, I went to her website and she talked all about it and how she wanted to be fair to all readers so she posted on her website what she had already written for everyone to see. I got hooked and read it all online in PDF format. It's really good and I'm bummed that she is stopping it for a while. It was cool to see Edward's perspective. Bummer! Stupid people for ruining it! As a side note...I miss boating and the great AZ weather to do it in! Although I don't know if I would trust you pulling me in a tube! Addi and Crue are brave!

September 10, 2008 at 9:47 PM  
Blogger Cammie said...

That looks like a ton of fun!

September 15, 2008 at 2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home