Tuesday, August 12, 2008

YUMMY!!!

The real reason that I went home...authentic Navajo Tacos! If you ever make it to the Emery County fair, you must have a Navajo Taco made by the Begays! I've known them as long as I can remember and have been eating this masterpiece every time I've been to the fair since 8th grade. At least that's as far back as I can remember.

When I first started eating them, I would only have the beans, cheese and sour cream on top. Little by little, I was more daring. I added lettuce next, then olives, tomatoes and this year I threw caution to the wind and added onions. I know, quite the dare devil!


I LOVE YOU NAVAJO TACO STAND!! SEE YOU NEXT YEAR!

6 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

I love this post and totally agree, I am not quite as daring as you yet with them though. I was sad that I missed you at the fair, I think that my mom and I were there every day for a week, I saw Adrianne from a distance, but I missed seeing you. I hope that you had a lot of fun there. I love being in Emery County, it is such a great place.

P.S. I tried to get their recipe for the scones, but I think it might be a secret, maybe Nacolynn will let us in on the trick.

August 12, 2008 at 12:55 PM  
Blogger Tuesdee said...

SO JEALOUS!!! Those Navajo Taco's are the BEST!!!!!!!!!

August 13, 2008 at 10:43 AM  
Blogger Nava_jo said...

Aww my parents are Famous, now. They are such awesome parents. What I get jealous of, is everyone leaving me emails and messages saying they got a Taco. NO FAIR I want one (that I don't have to completely make myself) Mostly I'm just due for a visit home!

I'm glad your getting daring, all the flavors really do blend well together . :)

August 14, 2008 at 9:16 PM  
Blogger Nakki said...

Right on. Love the pics. Thanks for the FREE advertising! lol

And Ash...its flour, water, salt and baking powder. Thats it!

August 18, 2008 at 11:00 PM  
Blogger Cammie said...

There's nothing better!!

August 20, 2008 at 3:05 PM  
Blogger nana said...

Oh my gosh! Those look as good as a half dozen Krispy Kremes. I can see how those could be addictive. Yum :-)

August 22, 2008 at 12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home