Thursday, July 10, 2008

Poop, or no poop? That is the question.

Crue, Addi and I were on our way home from Costco with a frozen bag of blueberries. It's 105 degrees and I'm trying to get home fast so the blueberries don't thaw and we're about 15 minutes from home and a small voice from the back said, "I have to poo!" I said, "Crue, we're almost home can, it wait or is it coming?" He replies, "No, it's coming!" So we pull off the freeway and hit the closest Wal-mart. I get the kids out and run into the bathroom. Meanwhile, the frozen blueberries sit in the hot car waiting. I put Crue on the pot and say, "OK just go fast." I sit and watch as Addi plays with the door lock and Crue keeps yelling at her not to open the door. I keep telling Crue just to rush-it and flush-it. He keeps giving me that look like, "I'm pushing!" I'm sure most moms know that look. Finally he says, "I don't think I have to poop." I sigh and tell him to put his pants and shoe back on. He always takes one leg out of his pants and of course that means he has to take his shoe off. I'm not sure if any other little boys do this when they go potty or if it's just Crue's thing. We get out of the stall, wash hands and jet to the car. That little stop added almost 15 minutes to my commute. Finally we're home, blueberries in the freezer and Crue runs straight to the bathroom. He calls me in and says, "Mom, I just pooped and my poop said it didn't want to come out in Wal-mart, it was scared and wanted to wait till we got home." Strange phenomenon! Good news is, I'm gonna be rich cause my son has talking poop!

10 Comments:

Blogger Mari said...

Oh this is great! Ha ha ha! I'm still laughing at this one! I think Crue's poo made a good point (not literally), Wal-Mart toilets can be scary! But don't you hate it when you're prairie doggin' and then you get stage fright? - Gross I know, but we're talking about poo here! :)

July 10, 2008 at 7:21 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

That is so funny, what a clever little guy. I guess that things change after you have kids, yesterday I was talking to my husband on the phone. I suddenly felt wet, my daughter was peeing on me, I went to change her and then she pooped on me. She then got so mad while I was changing her that she threw up. When he came home, I left the piles of our clothes by the door and told him that here was the evidence of what his daughter did on mom, number 1, 2, and 3 all within a half hour.

That is pretty funny though that he didn't feel like going at Walmart, I don't like their bathrooms either.

July 11, 2008 at 11:16 AM  
Blogger The Howards said...

Wow..way to look at the positive! Talking poop, huh? Can't wait for those days ahead. I gotta remember the saying, "rush-it and flush-it." Classic!

July 12, 2008 at 1:43 PM  
Blogger eden said...

Crue is so funny! You gotta love a good poop story! You watch, I've gotten more comments on the poop story on my blog than any other post...I don't know if that should offend me, or make me laugh...

July 13, 2008 at 12:43 PM  
Blogger nancy said...

That was the cutest story. I also was reading about the Mesa temple and I agree with you. It is a not nice part of town but the temple is just beautiful there. Not so sure about the cactus garden.

You have gorgeous kids by the way

July 14, 2008 at 1:23 AM  
Blogger Shel said...

Some of the current vb players just called me and told me that Beth's mom is going to pass away in the next week or so and they are looking for any pictures of her from our games. Would you check if you have any and let me know. Thanks!

July 14, 2008 at 9:14 AM  
Blogger Tuesdee said...

Holy Crap... ;) That was really funny and I LOVED your comment "rush it and flush it" that was the BEST!

July 14, 2008 at 2:19 PM  
Blogger Shel said...

Beth's mom passed away this afternoon.

July 14, 2008 at 8:40 PM  
Blogger The Geiser Family said...

Been there done that! My kids haven't had talking poop, but we have been at the wrong place at the "right" time...Like the back of IKEA with no restrooms. Let's just say those undies didn't make the trip home...

July 14, 2008 at 9:31 PM  
Blogger eden said...

Hey super cute new background! It almost makes me want to change mine!

July 14, 2008 at 10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home