Friday, September 26, 2008

GOODBYE DEAR FRIEND!

Yesterday I said goodbye to a dear friend that I've had for 7 years. "She'd" been with me through thick and thin. I turned to "her" when I needed support. I was always very comfortable with her but I finally wore her out. When I finally sat down and took a good look at "her" I realized that it was time to put her down. I'm talking about my "go-to" underwear. Or as Josh calls them,"My skanky underwear." Not cause they are too risque', well maybe for some people but because they are stretched out and full of holes. Do any of you have a favorite pair? Maybe it's garments, or some granny panties that were so comfy that all your other granny panties were jealous? For some reason these particular pair of lime green undies from Victoria's Secret have been that pair. There's nothing special about them, in fact I have at least six of this very same kind just in different colors. You may have noticed them sticking out of my pants. Not on purpose, I'm really not one of those girls that think it's sexy to have you skivvies pokin' out of the top of your pants. Only because I'm freakishly huge and have an odd body. I can't find pants or shirts that will cover that part of my butt, what I call my upper butt. As long as I'm standing still it's not a problem. If I bend over or crouch down, WATCH OUT! I have flashed my close friends on numerous occasions. I truly feel bad for Suzi, Josh's mom. She puts up with a lot of "crack". Anyways the other day while I was wearing my favorite pair, Josh came in to the bathroom where I was bending over doing something and he said,"SO, you're still hangin' on to those underwear huh? Holes and all, ya just can't give them up?" OBVIOUSLY he reeeally liked them. So with a sad heart, I said goodbye. It wasn't a long ceremony, closed casket. I really just pushed them to the bottom of the garbage can. I knew that there would be less of a chance of me pulling them out and sticking them back in my drawer if I did that. It was good though. I can start fresh again... literally!

6 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Pfaff said...

McKelle-
I laughed so hard I cried!! :) Watch out, Eden! This one's got talent!!

September 26, 2008 at 3:50 PM  
Blogger eden said...

You're killing me! I loved that pair of undies, I will miss seeing them poke out of the top of your pants!(not really... I've never really seen them, but by the way you talk about them I can tell that they really were special!)Jennifer's right, you are almost as funny as I am!:)(JK) I love your posts, they always make me laugh!Maybe that is why we're such great friends...we're both hysterical!

September 26, 2008 at 3:57 PM  
Blogger Bryce and Candice Blood Family said...

I must say I went bra shopping tonight for the first time in 4 years...before that it was high school. I finally chucked the high school bras when I was...well...pregnant with Brant! It was a wonderful experience, I think this is the first time I have had a bra that actually fit. I am glad we turned our under garment leaves over together. I only wish I didn't have two little girls yelling across the store "Dad, we're bra shopping with Mom!" or "Mom, look at me, it's a hat!" In the end, "Mom, I like shopping for bras!" Me too, sweetheart, me too.

P.S. By the way, some of us are jealous of your long, tall body. Thank you very much.

September 26, 2008 at 10:11 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

That is really funny. I guess I can say that I don't have a favorite pair like that, but it would be funny if I did. I love your new background, it is really cute.

September 29, 2008 at 6:33 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Hey, don't know if you remember me, but I found your blog through Andrea's.. I just have to say your post had my crying I was laughing so hard! I had a pair that were just put to rest last month. They were well worn you could say but their demise came when I tried to fit my backside (that is 'much' heavier than when I bought them) into them and the cute little string gave way with a POP! Anyway you have the cutest kids ever! See YA!

October 3, 2008 at 2:21 PM  
Blogger Andrea, Mrs. said...

My favorites are not the bottoms - but the tops. I have such ginormous boobs that once I find a good bra, I hold on to it until it can't hold on to me any more. And - I HATE shopping for bras. Hate it.

October 3, 2008 at 3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home