Monday, September 29, 2008

The AVP was in Glendale this weekend so we decided to go check it out. We really had no plan. Didn't know what time the games were at, how much it cost or how fun it would be since it was 100 degrees. When we got there we went up to buy some tickets when this man approached us and gave us some extra wrist bands that he had. He was being very hush, hush about it but I don't know what the big deal was cause they were just extra and he gave them to us. So we slap them on and head in not sure where the wrist bands would get us. We headed to the stairs that headed up to the covered suites and sure enough we were good-to-go. We ended up in this nice little suite with couches and there were coolers full of free water and Gatorade. It was pretty sweet! Not to mention that we ended up walking in on a game where Kerri Walsh was playing. If you watched the Olympics at all, you know who she is. So we watched her game and then when it was done, they raised the nets and the men were playing. Of course the first game was with Dalhausser and Gibb playing some other men I didn't know. Dalhausser, won the gold medal in Beijing and Gibb is from Bountiful and went to the University of Utah. I'm pretty sure he went to the U but I could be wrong. Anyways I was pretty excited to catch both of those games. Josh thought it was cool too. The kids just liked jumping on the couches. So it turned out to be a nice little Saturday.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Pfaff said...

Hey- I saw your comment on my blog. I'm glad Jaylee likes you too. :) I don't think Addi liked it though. She is so cute! I love the blond curls!! Her hair is great. Poor Jaylee, I just hope her hair frickin grows soon.

September 29, 2008 at 9:37 PM  
Blogger The Geiser Family said...

You have been busy! I just "caught up" with your current posts and I love that you are always inspired by the very ordinaryness of life. (I just totally made that work up and I don't care if spell checker doesn't like it.) I think that we sometimes get stuck on the bandwagon and only feel worthy if we are curing cancer but here you are in everyday life doing the very small and simple things that would change our WORLD if only everyone did them. You are an inspiration by example : )

October 3, 2008 at 7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home